Breaking Bread, Building Bonds
Breaking Bread, Building Bonds is determined to organize one thousand meals and conversations across the city, starting in early 2023, ten everyday people from New York City’s diverse communities that make our City at a time.
Join us on Wednesday October 25 at 7:00pm for a light dinner and evening of conversation in small groups of ten.
This citywide initiative from Mayor Eric Adams aims to cultivate the immense diversity of our city and bring New Yorkers together to learn about common bonds, share cultures and traditions, and break down silos between communities. There is more that bonds us than divides us. These efforts seek to unite New Yorkers regardless of their background, build understanding, and aid in ending bias, hate, and discrimination.
This initiative is being led by the Office for the Prevention of Hate Crimes (OPHC) and the Mayor’s Community Affairs Unit (CAU) and is open to members of our community ages 12+
Kosher, halal, and vegetarian dietary restrictions will be accommodated.
For questions, contact Rabbi Scott Kalmikoff
- Change a Life Ministries
- Christ Church Riverdale
- Council Member Eric Dinowitz
- Congregation Tehillah
- CSAIR – The Conservative Synagogue Adath Israel of Riverdale
- Hebrew Institute of Riverdale – The Bayit
- Holocaust, Genocide and Interfaith Education Center at Manhattan College
- JCRC of New York
- Kinneret Day School
- MMCC – Mosholu Montefiore Community Center
- New Life Bronx
- Office for the Prevention of Hate Crimes
- Office of Faith-Based and Community Partnerships
- Riverdale Presbyterian Church
- Riverdale Temple
- Riverdale Y
- The Kehilah of Riverdale
- YCT Rabbinical School