An After School Counselor assists with the implementation of the after school program. The after school staff member is responsible for helping to maintain a safe, clean after school program site, ensures a high level of program quality and works to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. The after school counselor’s work days will follow the public school calendar (unless otherwise noted). Counselors will be expected to be available Monday-Friday, from 2:00-6:30 PM. After school staff may be stationed at the Riverdale Y.
Hourly rate will range from $17-18.50 depending on experience.
- Picks children up at one of the designated schools and safely transport them to the Riverdale Y on provided bus
- Accompanies a group of children to their designated enrichment classes
- Assists enrichment teachers in class by interacting in play
- Assists certified homework teachers
- Adheres to schedules in a punctual manner
Ideal opportunity for college/grad student studying early childhood education.
- High School diploma
- Availability to be part of training program
Email resumes and cover letters to Adriana Rexhepi at Arexhepi@riverdaley.org