I want to express our heartfelt gratitude on behalf of the Riverdale Y community for your invaluable contribution during the MLK Week of Service. Your dedication and hard work truly make a difference in the lives of those in need and support the Y’s value of taking responsibility to care for one another, in our local community and in our world.
Here’s a summary of the impactful activities you were part of:
- Created herb kits for local food pantries
- Assembled 3,000 hygiene kits for unhoused veterans and migrants
- Prepared 30,000 meals for delivery to global communities in need
- Crafted friendship bracelets by younger participants as welcome gifts for newly arrived children
- Baked cookies and sang for first responders by our smallest community members
- Wrote heartfelt letters to the military by older adults
- Organized donated winter wear items by the community
We would love to have you join us again for future volunteer opportunities. Riverdale Y offers a variety of ongoing initiatives addressing food insecurity, issues specifically affecting older adults, and other community needs. Your continued involvement helps us create a more vibrant and compassionate community.
To explore upcoming volunteer opportunities, please visit our volunteer webpage.. This is also a great way for teens to get community service hours.
Thanks to so many of you, we have raised over $3,000 in individual contributions to address the ongoing critical needs in our local and global community. If you did not yet get to do so, we invite you to donate below.Donate
Once again, thank you for your exceptional service during the MLK Week of Service. Your commitment has not only enriched the lives of those in need but has also strengthened the bonds within our community.
I look forward to working with you in the future.
Director of Volunteer Services